How far below the peak should I mount my fan?
- Vents should be installed 24 inches below the peak.
How to ventilate a hip roof?
- Hip roofs are best ventilated with powered vents, solar vents, or turbines. Static ventilation will not provide enough air movement for hip roofs that have larger attic spaces typically.
How to ventilate a cathedral ceiling?
- Cathedral ceiling ventilation is achieved through soffit vent along the eaves and static vents along the ridgeline. Using a powered vent is not recommended since soffit vent will not provide enough intake ventilation for the motor to operate correctly.
Can I install vents at different heights?
- All exhaust vents should be installed at the same height along a roof line. If an exhaust vent is installed below other exhaust vents, it may become an intake and will diminish the ventilation program that you have designed.
Is it okay to mix exhaust vents?
- Do not mix static and powered exhaust vents. Using a static exhaust vent while having a powered vent installed allows the powered vent to pull air from the static exhaust vent instead of pulling from the intake ventilation. This reduces the flow of air in the attic and not all of the air will be exchanged with cooler outside air.
- Vents should always be installed at the same height on the roof and only 1 type of exhaust vent should be installed.
Can I use my fan on a tile roof?
- Currently, Ventamatic does not have product that can be used on a tile roof.
What pitch roof can I install a fan on?
- Our units are only designed to work on shingle roofs with a max of 8/12 pitch and a minimum 3/12 pitch.
Where do I install my solar fans?
- Any attic fan should be installed along the top of the roof, usually two feet below the ridgeline so that you cannot see it from the front of the house. Evenly space multiple units along the roofline. The goal is to create a breeze in the attic, usually from soffit vent to powered vent. Sometimes from gable vent on one side to the powered vent on the other side of the house.
- Solar panels should be placed where the maximum amount of sunlight can reach them.
Can I install a Powered Attic Fan into a kitchen?
- You should not install any fan into a kitchen unless it is rated for such use. Kitchen environments contain high amounts of grease particulates in the air and will damage the motor over time. Ventamatic's PAV fans are not rated for kitchen environments.